Thursday, August 12, 2010


After a week's worth of flights and long car rides throughout Finland I am finally settled into my apartment! The tech guys at the school just got our internet working at the student housing, but before this I haven't even been able to keep track of the time or days with no computer or cell phone. I have to say it has been quite the departure from life back home but I have enjoyed all of this in a strange way ha. I love being here so far and I have already met some really cool people. Here are some random pictures I have so far. Next week we're traveling north to the Lapland region above the Arctic circle so I will be sure to take pictures while I am there, and then maybe in a few weeks I'll have more pictures of where I am actually living ha.
Our short-term parents, Paivi & Antti,  provided great hospitality
and a smooth assimilation to Finnish life
Between thunderstorms
Minun uusi pyora (My new bike)
                                                                               
     





                                                    
                                                        

1 comment: